Re: Traction Control

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Traction Control
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 01:51:58 -0600
Yes, this issue will not go away.............From a safety standpoint
alone this issue should remain, why does technology always seem
to freak people out???    I understand that we dont want guided by
wire cars.

But come on, we dont mandate tuning without electronics, because it
"was the way it was meant to be, and grows hair on your chest"

Economically it makes sense big time, how many rolled streamliner (or others)
will it take to realize that a few lines of code on a chip makes sense???
Many at the mercy of the physics of the situation of their runs (aero, surface
conditions,
power) need to move forward with available technology.

It is unfortunate that the family vehicle has to be allowed to to make
many of the race programs look ancient.  These production cars
have these systems to enable a safer driving experience.

Joe

ARDUNDOUG@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/17/2001 8:57:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> ddahlgren@snet.net writes:
>
> > Dan I will leave it alone for now as I seem to have the ability to cause
> > great
> >

> Dave,
>        With all due respect for your engineering and design talents, the
> debate you helped fuel last year does not qualify you as "having the ability
> to cause great hate and discontent with the LSR community". The number of
> subscribers on our List does not even remotely approach being a "rule-making"
> majority factor where the SCTA is concerned. If it were a factor the Vintage
> and Rotary Engine rules that were so thoroughly bantered about last year
> would have been changed.
>        Take comfort in the technical expertise you have as well as your
> ability to fuel debate within our List. Just don't try to convince us that
> you have much clout with the SCTA............Now watch the "fit-hit-the-shan"
> over this posting.
>
>  Ardun Doug King

///