Re: Solid Motor Mounts?

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solid Motor Mounts?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:07:15 -0500
Solid on one side and Rubber on the other is a pretty standard Street rod
trick... works with some drag cars as well....

I ended up going to solids on both sides with a rubber mount on the
trans... I really wanted a mid plate but this car just didn't make that
easy.... so what the hey... it's done and the six speed is mounted in the
car with the correct Driveshaft.... Life is Good.... hoping to fire up the
Mule this Saturday morning and get to the Polishing point....K
----------
> From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Solid Motor Mounts?
> Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 8:10 AM
>
> I'm running regular truck mounts in the camaro.
> I would think that you'd want to keep them both
> the same, either both soft or both solid.  If you
> ran one of each, I think the soft one would want
> to allow movement which would cause flex and
> fatigue on the solid one.
>
> Dick J
>
> --- Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net> wrote:
> > Just curious... how many of you aren't using
> > solid motor mounts?
> >
> > I have always had this thing about preventing
> > the engine harmonic
> > Vibrations from going to the chassis and Visa
> > versa.... but the new Dry
> > Sump pump won't fit with my old rubber
> > mounts... so I had to swap to the
> > Metal solid mounts... even thought about
> > keeping the Passenger side soft
> > mount but decided if I was putting them in I
> > might as well do both sides...
> >
> > Keith Turk
> > Austin Healey 100, Bugeye, Box sprites,
> > Bonneville Camaro ( Land Speed