RE: modified category

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "Rose & Terry Hunt"
Subject: RE: modified category
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:53:19 -0400
Terry

How in the world can allowing a Production or Gas Coupe car to compete as an
Altered be anyway misconstrued as unfair. No matter how its taped up a
production car with drip rails, no engine setback, non quickchange, etc.,
etc., there is no way it can be as slick as a purpose built Altered. If you
want to run your Altered Stude against my Comp Coupe I'm all far it. Sure
it's competition, but unfair, no way.

I'll be absolutely honest here. I do not understand all this protectionism
against moving up in class. Hey if my "C" motor runs faster than someone
else's "A" motor then maybe they need to step up and get serious about the
program.

John Beckett, #79.