Re: NOS Question

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: NOS Question
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:46:25 -0700
Dave & List,

Kinda like having a bottle under the floor heater in the car on the way to the
salt, from the bend to the access road to the salt, causing the blow off valve
pop. Yep they work. Thats what they were designed to do, and they do work,  just
next time not on the way to the salt for a record return run......
How do I know?

Jonathan Amo

Dave Dahlgren wrote:

> I would personally think that the engine compartment or any
> place that gets very hot is the worst place for a pressure
> vessel.. Kinda why they have the blow off valve... The odds
> of the bottle bursting are mighty slim with the blow off
> valve vented to the outside.. I would personally think that
> every bottle that has blown up has had a tampered with blow
> off. The physics behind how they work is just too reliable
> to fail under any kind off normal installation. I think idea
> of a container ie. metal box was a good one. Why the change
> again? what test data has some one come up with or what
> failure of this device occured that prompts the new change?
> has there been an occurance of the box blowing up too and
> giving way? The box in keith Turks car was much thicker and
> offered more protection than any of the 'firewalls' I have
> ever seen at B'ville.
> Dave Dahlgren
>
> [This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
> administrator.  mjb.]

///
///