Stu Hilborn Streamliner

To: Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stu Hilborn Streamliner
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:27:30 -0800
List,

Did I see a post from someone recently that said they had the Hillborn
liner? Was this a joke?

I was just pursuing the "The Rodder's Journal", winter issue 2000. There
is an article about missing race cars which places Hilborn's liner #1.
Bruce Meyer, a collector from Beverly Hills CA evidently had placed an
ad in Rod & Custom looking for the car with no firm results. Bruce is
the one that purchased the Pierson Coupe from me and had it restored.

I guess that I am King of the ignorant on this site, I did not know that
the Hilborn Liner was the car that was used widely in the Grant Piston
Ring ads.
But then, I had owned the Pierson Coupe about a year before I realized
it's notoriety.

Tom, Redding CA where it is cold & raining. Still haven't started
working on preparing #216 D/GCC for the coming season.

///
///