Re: Valve Clearances

To: Higginbotham Land Speed Racing <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearances
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 15:49:48 -0700
Jon, its all application dependent, meaning what particular motor you are
referring
to.  If your talking pushrod stuff, aluminum, cast iron, what size valves etc
all
play a part in the guidlines.  If you are referring to the motorcycle aluminum
motors like the 600cc Kaw, or 1000 cc Honda, then you couldnt close up the gap
.005", because that is all you have to start WITH.   With the motorcycle motors
like you may be referring to with DOHC, I see NO rationale reason to dicker with
it, because of the ease of degreeing each cam nearly infinitely.        Joe