Re: Valve Clearances

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearances
From: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:28:42 -0600
howdy,

well as long as the timing doesn't change, and the rods don't stretch too
much, and the pistons don't grow, and the valves follow the cam, what else
can go wrong?   : )
         I'm just trying to keep as much compression as I can in this
engine...and as big a cam as will live, although my OHC rockers beat the
hell outa the guides, I get around 4 hours of useable life out of the
guides....we're looking at bushing the cam up in the head so the geometry
gets a little better with less side thrust on the guides. right now the
dyno says 155 HP @ 7200 for a 1.5 liter 2 valve, not bad....the new head
should help the flow.....I think we're looking at another 35 CFM 6% more
flow!!! gotta help. besides, the recommended .120 valve to piston clearance
is usually described for a chevy with 4+ inch pistons, and I'm running 3
inchers...and taking the chances that I am yeah....drive careful

where the sun is shining (what is that brightness in the sky?) and the
temps are 25 or so....