Re: welding/metal work

To: kturk@ala.net, lsr_man@yahoo.com, saltrat@pro-blend.com,
Subject: Re: welding/metal work
From: Want1937hd@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:08:12 EST
Hi Keith. I worked in a restoration shop for 14 years and did all the
autobody repair and fabrication on aluminum bodied race/sports cars feom the
1920-60's. Got pretty good at tig welding aluminum. Love taking a flat sheet
of aluminum and making an Aston Martin rear quarter! We didn't have an
English wheel just a sandbag and hammer. There is a shop in Stratford, Ct.
that can wheel ANYTHING in aluminum, and I'd like to use the machine for a
week or two! I've always been more interested in the "look" of a car than the
mechanical. Great welds,nice fabrication and smooth paint won't make your car
a record holder, but it sure is nice to look at. Bob