Re: Electric Bikes

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Electric Bikes
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:24:46 -0800
Hi Malcolm,

I got my copy of the FIM rules from their website:http://www.fim.ch/ ,
Click on Publications: Rules and Codes: Technical Rules: Road Racing, Road
Racing Technical Rules Part 2, then go to Section 01.82.01.3 "Weight
Classes". It lists different weight classes than your copy of the UK rule
book. Any idea why there is a difference? The online version is supposed to
be the 2000 Edition.

I like the 250, 500, and 750 kg class weights better than 150 and 300 kg,
but why have an upper weight limit at all?  I agree with you though, a
750kg electric motorcycle streamliner should pack quite a wallop, as they say.

Henry