Re: Rear Engine T's

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:34:43 EST
        Doug,  I  was fortunate to see that great looking belly tanker, and
all the other topnotch examples of Rods n' Customs at that long-running
exhibit at the Oakland Museum several years ago .   I had the bad luck of
going there on the one day of the week that the museum was closed ......
and we were flying back east the following morning, and I nearly came
unglued when I read the sign telling me I was in the right place, but at
the WRONG time !     I talked with the guard on the gate, and he told
me if I could come back in 45 minutes, he would escort me around the
whole exhibit !    He SAVED THE DAY for me and allowed me all the
time in the world to check the cars out ..... I could step over the ropes
to get better photos ...... and besides myself and him, there were only
two pro photographers there ( one from Petersen Publications, the
other from The Rodders Journal ..... the CLASS of ALL hot rod mags,
bar none )   NO crowds ...... a photo bug' s dream !!!  It could not have
worked out better, and the guard wouldn' t let me give him some
money as a thank you.  I remember the Markley Bros tanker was right
near Tom Bryant's old ride, now restored to its Pierson Bros appearance,
and the paint looked like you could fall INTO it !
                 Great Show / Great Cars / Great Day !!!
  Bruce