Re: Maxton Ballast

To: Flowbench@aol.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com, kturk@ala.net,
Subject: Re: Maxton Ballast
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 06:52:13 -0800 (PST)
--- Flowbench@aol.com wrote:
> We also scale the Firebird. 48% front / 52%
rear

Now that surprised me.  I would have guessed 52%
front and 48% rear for LSR, in fact I just sent
those exact guesstimates to Rich Fox in an off
the list reply to his last mail.  Doesn't that
weight distribution defy the "flight of the
arrow" theory that was talked about a while back?
 Obviously, it works - - I mean, your firebird is
surly "the mother of all firebirds"!, but I'm now
wondering if the arrow idea is sound reasoning.
What makes the light end of the car want to stay
in front at 300+ MPH?

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *