RE: Maxton Ballast

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: RE: Maxton Ballast
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:47:00 -0800 (PST)
   That would provide more pounds per cube, but
it would be difficult to handle.  I figure water
is available everywhere.  I'm going to use a
couple of old gas tanks I already have.  One
mounted in the trunk, and one behind the seat.
But in view of what Rich said, I may hold off on
all of this until I get more input.  Hmmm, might
not need any ballast at all.

Keith, did you run ballast the first time at
Bonneville?  You know my goal.  My brick is a
little squarer than yours, it probably weighs the
dame, and according to the best computer minds on
the list - - I'll be putting out 522HP on gas +
however much more is necessary off the bottle!

Dick J

"Clay, Dale"  wrote: Wouldn't it be better to
make containers for lead shot? Then it'd
beadjustable, and if made with an opening in the
bottom, quickly/easilyremovable when/if
needed.Dale-----Original Message-----From: JERRY
FOSTER [mailto:fosterap@flash.net]Sent: Tuesday,
January 02, 2001 1:50 PMTo: Dick JCc: Keith Turk;
John Beckett; land-speed@autox.team.netSubject:
Re: Maxton BallastWelcome back Dick. Do you have
a source for railroad tracks? Justthinking ahead.
Jerry in DallasDick J wrote:> > I'm back. Went to
Florida to visit Granny for> Christmas. Cool
granny, gave me a gift> certificate to PST
suspensions so I can make my> springs steadier!
My brother gave me a Mallory> Ignition and a
monster Fram fuel filter! You> know, I think
granny would try driving his mudder> if she could
figure out how to get up into it!> She can walk
right under it without bending over!> > Okay,
here's my latest question: Will ballast> make
that much difference in the handling of a> 150MPH
car at Maxton?> > For Bonneville, I'm planning on
20 gallons of> water in the trunk, 18 gallons of
water behind> the passenger seat, and 200 - 300
lbs of steel> under the grill pan (front cross
members made> from railroad tracks). Total: 513 -
613 lbs> > =====> * * * * * * * * * * * * * *> *
Dick J *> * (In East Texas) *> * # 729 *> * C/GRS
Photos - Share your holiday photos online!> http://photos.yahoo.com/

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *