Re: Blower Manifolds

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blower Manifolds
From: George Mitchell <americanpartner@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:29:18 -0800 (PST)
if you have access to the machine shop , I would go
ahead and weld up a manifold . A blower manifold is
about the easiest to build .The runners are short so
there is less area to mess up . It is what I am doing
for my desoto motors ( normally aspirated ). Plus we
know a lot more about how to make a hemi run than when
that manifold was built.Use the stock intake to set up
the distributor height and angle and go after it . If
I were you I would not use a mig to do the job simply
because of appearances but thats up to you . I have
built many ( probably more than ten ) for various
applications . For a known quantity ( big block chevy)
it takes me about 60 hours to machine and weld up.
figure 80 or so if you are starting from scratch. I
tig everthing and and then remachine intake surfaces
afterwards. it weighs about a single carb when its
done.
 if you need any help , contact me off list , I can
walk you through it.
 George in DC

http://shopping.yahoo.com/