Small Block red Line

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>, Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Small Block red Line
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:09:59 -0800 (PST)
Not knowing a lot about Chev small bolocks, I set
a self-imposed red line of 6200.  I did wind it
right to 6200 on my last run, and that limit
still managed to put me into the record book, but
I'm wondering what a reasonable red-line should
be.  I don't want to be breaking motors, but I
do want to see what it can do. This is an
all-stock Chev 350, 4 bolts, stock rockers and
springs in 882 (76cc) Chev head castings, flat
top pistons, and a cam that specs out at 260.  My
plan for spring is to install an electric water
pump and electric fan.  The motor would have
wound just a little more this year, but with
those changes, it will hopefully have just enough
more power to allow a little tighter winding
(valve train permitting, of course). What do you
guys think the max RPM for that motor should be?

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *
*         # 729           *