Re: More on Fuel

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, OHFASTONE@aol.com,
Subject: Re: More on Fuel
From: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 06:33:01 -0800 (PST)
And then there's NITRO-ETHANE  (No, I didn't
forget the "M").

If you look up Nitro Ethane or Propeylene Oxide
on the web you can find out some stuff about it,
but back when I was researching that stuff, we
didn't have this net yet.  Now that we have this
resource, I figure if nobody here is using it, it
must not be any good for LSR!  After all, we've
got a lot of "corporate knowledge" right here.

>From what I read, I think Nitro-Methane is mixed
with alky, and nitro-ethane is mixed with
gasoline with both types of mixes resulting in
about the same final end result. When making the
gasoline based nitro however - the propylene is
needed to burn up the gasoline base.  This is all
based on "academic" papers I found on the web -
not based on "hands-on" experience like we have
available on our net!

This will probably start another
mondo-max-thread, and I'm certainly the last to
know anything on the subject, but I sure want to
learn and will read the next seventy entries with
great interest - - that's for sure!

=====
Dick J in East Texas
 - - ECTA #72 - -