Re: new class?

To: "DOUG ODOM" <popms@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re: new class?
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 05:22:03 -0800
Doug & list,

Regarding fuel in Mod Sports classes, it will not happen in 2000. There was
not sufficient interest prior to the rules cutoff (11/01 each year). Only
one person sent a formal request. His point in wanting the class was that he
decided to build a 392 hemi and only had a GT car to put it in. The rules
committee decided that his request was limited in scope.

As to how to request a rules change, at each SCTA/BNI meet there is a
notebook with formal request forms located at the registration trailer. You
are encouraged to fill in the form for change submittal. A letter to the
SCTA/BNI office directed to the board will reach the proper persons. Also
the rulebook lists a head tech person for cars and motorcycles. The earlier
a submission is made the more time can be spent on research and
recommendations by the car class committee or proper tech person if
required.

We certainly encourage everyone to become involved with the rules process.
Please be aware of how your suggestion will effect a given class and similar
classes, the history of the class or existing records. It may not appear on
the surface but, many hours are expended on the rulebook each year. The main
factors we try to maintain are safety, consistency and equality.

Do not be discouraged if your brain storm is not implemented on the first
try. Rethink it and propose it again. I have been doing this book for almost
15 years now and have seen some great ideas come up then disappear when not
followed up. I have also seen poor ideas placed into the book, then removed
after it has been discovered that the rule was not the reinvention of the
light bulb.

Thanks for you input.

Dan