Re: Flatheads Etc.

To: "Dick Jurkowski" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, <V4GR@aol.com>, <OHFASTONE@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Flatheads Etc.
From: "John Linville" <bellytk@nh.ultranet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:11:26 -0500
Well Rich, maybe it is genetic but those of us that still run flatheads in
competition are probably spurred on by several forces.  Those being keeping
the torch alive for the little engine that started it all, the challenge of
getting horsepower and performance out of an engine that is limited in
several aspects and finally just plain not wanting to run another
bellybutton Chevrolet.  I love it when teenagers look at the race car and
wonder out loud that it must be a V6 (six exhaust pipes) but why does it
have eight spark plugs?  Wouldn't want them to miss the education on the
good old days.  I have two grandsons, Evan and Danny, and two good 8BA
blocks squirreled away in the garage for them along with the heads,
manifolds, etc they'll need to run them when the time comes.  Just hope the
Good Lord let's "Poppa" hang on to pit crew for them.

regards, John