healeys

Re: [Healeys] BJ8 1967 Engine Rebuild failure

To: healeybruce@roadrunner.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 1967 Engine Rebuild failure
From: Jim Ryan <ryan@jimryan.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 14:52:25 -0500
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net, Steven Kingsbury <airtightproductions@me.com>

--000000000000d2ee5706115cdbc5

Girls with small mouths don't make passes at men with pieces of iron.

Great story though...;+}

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 1:14=E2=80=AFPM healeybruce--- via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Steven, is there a metaphor hiding in there???
>

> Bruce Steele
>
> 1960 BN7

LS

anage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bspidell@comcast.net

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeyrik@gmail.com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz@visioncenterpc.com

> Suggested annual donation $12.75

> http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys
>

> Healeys@autox.team.net

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/airtightproductions@icloud.=
com

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ryan@jimryan.com

--=20

Jim Ryan

=C2=A9=C2=BF=C2=A9=C2=AC

--000000000000d2ee5706115cdbc5

b 14, 2024 at 1:14=E2=80=AFPM healeybruce--- via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mai=
left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"msg-5722796=
120509163217"><div lang=3D"EN-US" style=3D"overflow-wrap: break-word;"><div=
 class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217WordSection1"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span =
style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif">St=
ss=3D"MsoNormal"><span style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet =
mal"><span style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,san=
style=3D"font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif">19=
font-size:12pt;font-family:&quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,sans-serif"><u></u>=C2=
e;border-left:none;border-top:1pt solid rgb(225,225,225);padding:3pt 0in 0i=
s-bounces@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">healeys-bounces@autox.team.net<=
ref=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.=
div><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Met a woman with a TR3 Small Mouth at a car=
 show and we decided to go and get a drink at a bar we both knew, We semi-r=
ace over there, me in my BN1, she in her TR3 and she was right behind me al=
l the way and when we got to the bar, I said you never even made a move to =
try and pass, how come? Well she says, it had been so long since she had be=
en behind an old British piece of iron, she didn&#39;t want to pass and get=
p:5pt;margin-bottom:5pt"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">On Feb 13, 2024, at 9:=
04 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:alfuller194@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">alfuller1=
09163217size">There you go =E2=80=93 might be a market for us oldsters!!</s=
ass=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">-----------------------------------</spa=
lass=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Al Fuller</sp=
border-bottom:none;border-left:none;border-top:1pt solid rgb(225,225,225);p=
adding:3pt 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-57227961205091=
63217size"><b>From:</b> Hank Leach &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gradea1@charter.ne=
m_-5722796120509163217size"><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, February 13, 2024 6:26 PM=
"mailto:alfuller194@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">alfuller194@gmail.com</a>;=
 &#39;Chris Scholz&#39; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:drscholz@visioncenterpc.com"; =
target=3D"_blank">drscholz@visioncenterpc.com</a>&gt;; &#39;HealeyRick&#39;=
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">healeyrik@gma=
il.com</a>&gt;; <a href=3D"mailto:josef-eckert@t-online.de"; target=3D"_blan=
3217size"><b>Cc:</b> <a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_b=
63217size"><b>Subject:</b> RE: RE: [Healeys] BJ8 1967 Engine Rebuild failur=
 as aftershave? My nephew bought my &#39;58 Sprite as he remembered the sme=
ll of my garage and now his garage smells that way too!=C2=A0 Hank<u></u><u=
v><p class=3D"MsoNormal">To: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gradea1@charter.net"; tar=
get=3D"_blank">gradea1@charter.net</a>&gt;, &quot;&#39;Chris Scholz&#39;&qu=
ot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:drscholz@visioncenterpc.com"; target=3D"_blank">dr=
scholz@visioncenterpc.com</a>&gt;, &quot;&#39;HealeyRick&#39;&quot; &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">healeyrik@gmail.com</=
a>&gt;, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:josef-eckert@t-online.de"; target=3D"_blank">j=
oNormal">Cc: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank=
iv><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Subject: RE: [Healeys] BJ8 1967 Engine Rebuild fa=
=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">And Hank =E2=80=93 don=E2=80=99t forget abo=
MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Our local car club ha=
d a drive of about three (3) hours on Saturday, and I happened to be at the=
 back of the pack. While it did take a couple of days to clear out my nose,=
 I was back in the garage today tuning up and working out a fuel delivery o=
n a car that has sat for a few years =E2=80=93 and got another dose of exha=
ust blowing back into the garage!! </span><span class=3D"m_-572279612050916=
3217size"><span style=3D"font-family:&quot;Segoe UI Emoji&quot;,sans-serif"=
=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">-----------------=
class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">=C2=A0</span=
e=3D"border-right:none;border-bottom:none;border-left:none;border-top:1pt s=
olid rgb(225,225,225);padding:3pt 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span cla=
ss=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><b>From:</b> Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
o:healeys-bounces@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">healeys-bounces@autox.t=
/span><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"> Sunday, February 11, 2024=
pan><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"> Chris Scholz &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:drscholz@visioncenterpc.com"; target=3D"_blank">drscholz@visioncente=
rpc.com</a>&gt;; HealeyRick &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; targ=
et=3D"_blank">healeyrik@gmail.com</a>&gt;; <a href=3D"mailto:josef-eckert@t=
2796120509163217size"> <a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"=
mal">There are plenty of electric vehicles available today and many more to=
morrow...most folks bought Healeys for their looks and their <span class=3D=
"m_-5722796120509163217font"><b><i><span style=3D"font-family:Aptos,sans-se=
soNormal">Would you pull out of the garage to listen to it hummmmmmmmmmmmmm=
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">healeys@aut=
ly-To: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:josef-eckert@t-online.de"; target=3D"_blank">jo=
Normal">To: &quot;Chris Scholz&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:drscholz@visionc=
enterpc.com" target=3D"_blank">drscholz@visioncenterpc.com</a>&gt;, &quot;H=
ealeyRick&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank=
ormal">Cc: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">=
5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial,sa=
ns-serif;color:black">What I do not understand is, why you want to convert =
an Austin-Healey to V8, Electtric, etc? For me the decision is clear to kee=
p an Austin-Healey as Austin-Healey and when I like to have a V8 as well i =
would buy a Jaguar XK8 or similar as an addition. We did this with our holi=
day car which is a Mazda MX-5 Miata. The car is absolutely great and in man=
y ways superiour to the Austion-Healey, especially when it comes to the hea=
vy traffic on European roads and Safety. Meanwhile I do not go on any=C2=A0=
 motorway here in Germany with one of my Austin-Healeys. Its just painful.<=
n style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Josef E=
"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:10pt;font-family:Aria=
yle=3D"margin:0in">Von: &quot;Chris Scholz via Healeys&quot; &lt;<a href=3D=
"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.net</a=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">healeyrik@gmail=
96120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-ser=
if;color:black">I would be concerned with the lack of passion with a full e=
MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-s=
509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;co=
lor:black">An aluminum V8 keeps the spirit and improves the driving experie=
"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;f=
6120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-seri=
argin-top:5pt;margin-bottom:5pt"><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bot=
tom:12pt"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-si=
ze:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">On Feb 10, 2024, at 9:16=
=E2=80=AFPM, HealeyRick &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; target=
/p></blockquote></div><blockquote style=3D"margin-top:5pt;margin-bottom:5pt=
e"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">N=
ow, you&#39;ve gone too far, Bob.=C2=A0 An electric Healey? Bleah!=C2=A0 As=
 you say, to each their own. There&#39;s plenty of room in the Healey tent =
for concours, modified, big Healeys, little Healeys, Nash Healeys, Healey b=
oats, etc. Can&#39;t we all just get along?=C2=A0</span></span><span class=
=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:&q=
uot;Segoe UI Emoji&quot;,sans-serif;color:black">=F0=9F=98=80</span></span>=
09163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;col=
ormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:=
3217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:b=
"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;f=
ont-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 1:22=E2=80=
=AFPM Bob Spidell via Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"=
order-bottom:none;border-left:1pt solid rgb(204,204,204);padding:0in 0in 0i=
n 6pt;margin:5pt 0in 5pt 4.8pt"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin=
-bottom:12pt"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"fon=
t-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">The most rational, pra=
gmatic swap at this point would be to an electric motor and batteries; done=
 right, it would blow the doors off an LS or Coyote swap (up to a 100MPH or=
 so, I wouldn&#39;t push a Healey chassis much past that, for long anyway-B=
TDT). How many owners do more than day trips anyway (my days of 5K mile tri=
ps are, unfortunately, in the past). </span></span><span style=3D"font-size=
:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black"><br><br><span class=3D"m_-57=
22796120509163217size">I wanted a big V8-powered car with all the modern im=
provements, so I bought a Mustang GT and left my Healeys as Austins (Jensen=
s) un-mutated, and without the 20-50% drop in market value* (my survivors w=
ill have to sell my Healeys someday). 475HP--480 if I could get 93-octane--=
disks all around (Brembos in front), electric throttle and steering (severa=
l modes), 19x9/10 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4ses, IRS, MagneRide and=
 Steeda suspension upgrades (the IRS is a bit shaky); 0-60 under 5s (suppos=
edly; I&#39;m not good enough and the A10s are quicker). Bigger and heavier=
; I reckon a Nasty Boy would take me on a narrow twisty, but on the sweeper=
s and straights it&#39;s sayonara. The Mustang hauls ass, and it&#39;s fun,=
 but the Austin-Healeys are simply more satisfying to drive--by far--warts =
r: I am very much an &quot;It&#39;s your car, do what you want with it&quot=
; person. I&#39;ve made small mods to my cars: Pertonix Ignitors in both; t=
aller rear-end for highway driveability, Texas Cooler with shroud in the BJ=
8 but I never have, and never will, understand why people buy a car they do=
n&#39;t actually want just to change it (owners with broken/missing engines=
 who think &#39;Why not?&#39; I can see). Why not buy a Saxon and build it =
up the way you want it from scratch? Oh, and for the record, I don&#39;t mu=
class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">* Just my observations from BaT, FB, m=
ailing lists, etc.; I&#39;ve yet to see a Nasty Boy cross the block at B-J =
or Mecums--doen&#39;t mean it hasn&#39;t happened--but the muscle car &#39;=
restomods&#39; with SBCs, LSes, etc. are a dime-a-dozen and, IMO, not parti=
cularly unique or imaginative (they do have garish paint jobs though).</spa=
22796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-=
serif;color:black">On 2/9/2024 10:25 PM, Chris Scholz via Healeys wrote:</s=
in-bottom:5pt"><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217=
size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black=
">I love my LS1 swap.=C2=A0 It was a lot of work.=C2=A0 Aluminum dual passa=
ge Wizard radiator with 15=E2=80=9D spal fan-I can drive in a parade at 110=
 heat index and car stays right at 195 degrees.=C2=A0 Lots of work to get t=
he alternator to fit-I modified a bracket from a Jeep wrangler LS swap kit.=
 =C2=A0 Everything barely fit longitudinally-there is one inch between the =
electric radiator fan and my water pump. =C2=A0 Had to cut the steering sha=
iv><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span =
style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Like Rick,=
 I have the stock 3.55 Healey rear with a quaife limited slip diff and it w=
orks perfectly. =C2=A072=E2=80=9D Daytona wire wheels with 205 wide tires. =
=C2=A0 Lowered the front spring perches -my front was so much lighter it wa=
s up in the air by 2-3=E2=80=9D.=C2=A0 It rides and handles so well.=C2=A0 =
My car was a 1959 100-6 so it wasn=E2=80=99t worth as much stock as a BJ8.=
e"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">I=
 love my reliability and the torque is amazing.=C2=A0 Car is so much fun to=
 slowly cruise and then hit the gas and go.=C2=A0 I would never go back to =
the heavy iron block.=C2=A0 I feel this an aluminum V8 would have been Heal=
ey=E2=80=99s first choice if GM would have worked with him. =C2=A0</span></=
5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,san=
le=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Sent from my =
ss=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:=
3217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:b=
:5pt;margin-bottom:5pt"><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12pt"=
nt-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">On Feb 9, 2024, at 7:58=E2=80=AFPM,=
 HealeyRick <a href=3D"mailto:healeyrik@gmail.com"; target=3D"_blank">&lt;he=
 class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=
=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">A V8 swap is no=
thing to be undertaken lightly. It&#39;s not as simple as &quot;dropping in=
 a V8&quot;. That&#39;s the easy part, mostly focusing on making engine and=
 transmission mounts and cutting away pieces of the footwells so the motor =
will fit with the exhaust headers in place.=C2=A0 It&#39;s all the other st=
uff you need to do that will really add the work. New electrical system, ra=
diator, upgraded brakes, fuel system, transmission shifter, etc, etc. It&#3=
9;s worth it in the end if you want a Healey/Cobra, but you&#39;ll also kno=
ck off about 30 percent of your car&#39;s value or more.=C2=A0 You can see =
the work I had to do to put a Ford 5.0L and 5 speed transmission into my BJ=
7 here:=C2=A0<a href=3D"http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,8264"; target=
=3D"_blank">http://forum.britishv8.org/read.php?13,8264</a>=C2=A0 The Ford =
5.0 is narrower than the Chevy LS so less body cutting to do, but not a hug=
e difference. LS motors are more likely to be found in a junkyard with low =
mileage now and with your brother a GM mechanic, would be very helpful.=C2=
=A0 I did about 50-75% of the swap myself, except for the engine rebuild an=
d body fabrication. My car has 350 hp and I run the stock rear end with 3.5=
5 gears and Dayton 72 spoke wires.=C2=A0 Much more power than that and thos=
e parts will start braking.=C2=A0 A good engine swap is really a joy, but i=
f you do a bad one it will be a nightmare forever. Chris did a really nice =
63217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:=
al"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt=
;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">My first choice if you don&#39;t=
 have that &quot;Need for Speed&quot; would be to try a replacement Healey =
lass=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-famil=
an style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Best of=
an class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-f=
lass=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-famil=
y:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">On Fri, Feb 9, 2024 at 2:11=E2=80=AFPM &lt;=
rder-top:none;border-right:none;border-bottom:none;border-left:1pt solid rg=
b(204,204,204);padding:0in 0in 0in 6pt;margin:5pt 0in 5pt 4.8pt"><div><div>=
n style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Funny y=
ou should suggest a v8 replacement.=C2=A0 Chris just made that suggestion t=
o install an LS1 with GM Trans.=C2=A0 My Bother is a retired GM mechanic, a=
nd he agrees.=C2=A0 Did you do the exchange?=C2=A0 What engine trans etc. d=
 style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">=C2=A0</=
796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-s=
der-top:1pt solid rgb(225,225,225);padding:3pt 0in 0in"><p class=3D"MsoNorm=
al"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><b><span style=3D"font-size:=
class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-fami=
ly:Arial,sans-serif;color:black"> HealeyRick &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeyri=
pan style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black"><br><s=
m_-5722796120509163217size"> Friday, February 9, 2024 1:32 PM</span><br><sp=
5722796120509163217size"> <a href=3D"mailto:rfbegani@gmail.com"; target=3D"_=
f=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">healeys@autox.team.ne=
/span><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"> Re: [Healeys] BJ8 1967 En=
rmal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9=
ze"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">=
Sorry to hear this Bob. What you&#39;ve been told so far seems correct. Wit=
hout the main bearing caps you&#39;re in a tough spot.=C2=A0 Maybe trying t=
o find a BJ8 block or a rebuildable BJ8 motor is the best of a bad group of=
 choices.=C2=A0 Too bad, I gave away a bare block with caps from a BJ7 a fe=
w years ago for a donation to our club charity.=C2=A0 I&#39;d put a wanted =
ad in the club magazines and Healey forums, Facebook pages and hope someone=
 out there might have one. Try Hemphills, Healey Surgeons, David Nock, mayb=
e they have one that needs rebuilding somewhere. Or do what I did and put a=
pan class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-=
"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Be=
"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;f=
ont-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">Rick Neville aka &quot;HealeyRick&=
an class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-f=
ri, Feb 9, 2024 at 11:12=E2=80=AFAM &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rfbegani@gmail.co=
der-bottom:none;border-left:1pt solid rgb(204,204,204);padding:0in 0in 0in =
lass=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-fami=
le=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">=C2=A0</span=
20509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif=
;color:black">I arrived back to Florida in May and decide to drive my 67 Au=
stin-Healey.=C2=A0 Drove it a mile and heard clanking engine, looked at the=
 oil pressure, It was O! Instead of stooping to have towed home, I drove it=
 back slowly.=C2=A0 Last month, I dropped the pan and started to remove the=
 rod and crank caps and bearings.=C2=A0 My mechanic friend said you got luc=
ky the crank may only need polishing and new bearings.=C2=A0 So, I packed a=
nd marked each of the main bearing caps, bolts, and bearings along with pis=
ton rods and caps in individual plastic bags. Then packed them into a large=
r plastic bag which was put under the workbench near the garbage.=C2=A0 We =
towed the car to Mikes garage so he could pull and disassemble the engine.=
=C2=A0 Tuesday, he asked me to bring the parts I had removed from the engin=
e so he would have everything in one place.=C2=A0 I looked around but could=
 not find this black plastic bag and then remembered it got pitched in the =
garbage. So, I am now up the famous creek and am asking this group what I c=
"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Aria=
=3D"1" type=3D"1"><li class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"color:black"><span class=
=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:A=
rial,sans-serif">I am told the engine is finished because the Main Bearing =
caps are not available and even if you could find them, they would need to =
soNormal" style=3D"color:black"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">=
finding an engine block for a 3000 with original main bearing caps is almos=
=3D"color:black"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"=
font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif">Finding an engine to be rebuil=
rmal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:1=
engine was rebuilt 6000 miles with years ago everything new, so I would lik=
e to find a way of fixing the existing engine, if possible.</span></span><u=
7size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:bla=
s=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:=
ize"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black=
=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:A=
p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span styl=
e=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">=C2=A0</span>=
0509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;=
l"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt=
;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">67 Austin-Healey BJ8</span></spa=
63217size"><span style=3D"font-size:16pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color=
class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-fami=
v></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12pt"><span class=3D"=
m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,=
sans-serif;color:black">_______________________________________________</sp=
an></span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:b=
lack"><br><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Support <a href=3D"htt=
p://Team.Net" target=3D"_blank">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net=
/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><=
br><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Suggested annual donation=C2=
: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; target=3D"_blank">http:=
//www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archi=
ve/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a></sp=
leys@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">Healeys@autox.team.net</a></span><br=
aleys/healeyrik@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/=
rmal" style=3D"margin-bottom:12pt"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217siz=
e"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">_=
______________________________________________</span></span><span style=3D"=
font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black"><br><span class=3D"=
span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/pipermail/healeys" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/h=
ealeys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"; target=3D"_bla=
m_-5722796120509163217size"><a href=3D"mailto:Healeys@autox.team.net"; targe=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz@visioncente=
rpc.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/dr=
uote></div><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size=
"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">=
an class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-f=
amily:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">_______________________________________=
________</span></span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,sans-s=
erif;color:black"><br><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Support <a=
ze">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; target=3D"_b=
/options/healeys/healeyrik@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
t"><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size"><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;=
font-family:Arial,sans-serif;color:black">_________________________________=
______________</span></span><span style=3D"font-size:9pt;font-family:Arial,=
sans-serif;color:black"><br><span class=3D"m_-5722796120509163217size">Supp=
3217size">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; target=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/drscholz@visioncenterpc.com</a></s=
target=3D"_blank">Team.Net</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; =
p class=3D"MsoNormal">Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/hea=
leys" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=
=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys"; target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
ilto:Healeys@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><u=
anage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/airtightpro=
ductions@icloud.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/option=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
eam.net</a><br>
s/ryan@jimryan.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.=
net/mailman/options/healeys/ryan@jimryan.com</a><br>
ail_signature_prefix">-- </span><br><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signatu=
re"><div dir=3D"ltr"><p style=3D"font-size:12.8px"><span style=3D"font-size=

--000000000000d2ee5706115cdbc5--

--===============5485355688547887996==