healeys

Re: [Healeys] Lubricant for SU carbs

To: Jim Ryan <ryan@jimryan.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lubricant for SU carbs
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 10:11:09 -0500
Cc: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>

--000000000000009c0806003783e4

Your pedal will feel sticky because the levers are not properly adjusted.
The manual explains generally how it should be set up.  For best results
each lever in the linkage should travel the same mirror angle on the axis
from closed to open - if you adjust each lever this way you will get a full
throttle open.  Normally you get stickiness when one of the levers is too
far forward whilst the throttle is closed, then you push the throttle and
the angle is too steep.  You won't get full throttle this way and the lever
arm can get stuck.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 8:46=E2=80=AFAM Jim Ryan <ryan@jimryan.com> wrote:

> Any advice on lubricating the linkage on the SU's?  Would 3 in 1 be
> sufficient?  My pedal feels a bit sticky.

--000000000000009c0806003783e4

perly adjusted.=C2=A0 The manual explains generally how it should be set up=
.=C2=A0 For best results each lever in the linkage should travel=C2=A0the s=
ame mirror angle on the axis from closed to open - if you adjust each lever=
 this way you will get a full throttle open.=C2=A0 Normally you get stickin=
ess when one of the levers is too far forward whilst the throttle is closed=
, then you push the throttle and the angle is too steep.=C2=A0 You won&#39;=
t get full throttle this way and the lever arm can get stuck.<div><br></div=
>On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 8:46=E2=80=AFAM Jim Ryan &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rya=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rg=
b(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Any advice on lubricatin=
g the linkage on the SU&#39;s?=C2=A0 Would 3 in 1 be sufficient?=C2=A0 My p=
edal feels a bit sticky.</div>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive/healeys" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">=
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a><br>
eam.net</a><br>
s/healey.nut@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/healeys/healey.nut@gmail.com</a><br>