healeys

Re: [Healeys] Wiring Progress and Other Things

To: Michael MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wiring Progress and Other Things
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 18:14:13 +0800
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--0000000000009f236c05bc124c46

Mike -

For an amateur your work certainly looks like a pro!  Looks excellent.
Your free harness looks very original.

I think those screws were originally sheet metal screws so probably the
holes were filled over, but putting in machine screws is actually a nice
touch.

Cheers,

Alan

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 2:35 PM Michael MacLean via Healeys <
healeys@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Just wanted to let you guys know my amateur attempt at wiring my BN2 is
> coming along as you can see in the picture of the firewall.  Tonight UPS
> delivered a nutsert tool I bought online to install 10/32 threaded
> nutserts.  As you can see in the picture the overdrive relay is now
> mounted.  Who ever did the body work must have covered the holes to mount
> the relay and I had no way to know where the original holes were due to the
> enclosed box section behind it in the passenger compartment.  My only
> option was to drill a hole and put a 10/32 nutsert in there.  You can see
> the tool I used in one of the pictures.  It worked great.  I have a feeling
> this won't be the last time this tool will come in handy.  The deeper I get
> into this wiring the more I understand and the more I see the smaller
> harnesses that are missing.  There is a shop that does classic car wiring
> harnesses locally here.  I know the guy that runs it.  Maybe I can get the
> right color cloth covered wires from him to make my own harnesses.  The dip
> switch harness and the wiper motor harness to name a couple.  The wiring
> harness was a gift from the late Tom Rocke.  Can't complain about a free
> wiring harness.  Just a very productive night in the garage tonight.  It's
> fun when things work out, which does not always happen.  The engine and
> trans will be going in soon.  Don't know how that is going to go.  Not a
> one man job.
> Mike MacLean

--0000000000009f236c05bc124c46

ly looks like a pro!=C2=A0 Looks excellent.=C2=A0 Your free harness looks v=
ery original.=C2=A0 <br><br>I think those screws were originally sheet meta=
l screws so probably the holes were filled over, but putting in machine scr=
" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 2:35 PM Michael MacLean via =
Healeys &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:healeys@autox.team.net";>healeys@autox.team.ne=
:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"=
quot;,times,serif;font-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr">Just wanted to let you g=
uys know my amateur attempt at wiring my BN2 is coming along as you can see=
 in the picture of the firewall.=C2=A0 Tonight UPS delivered a nutsert tool=
 I bought online to install 10/32 threaded nutserts.=C2=A0 As you can see i=
n the picture the overdrive relay is now mounted.=C2=A0 Who ever did the bo=
dy work must have covered the holes to mount the relay and I had no way to =
know where the original holes were due to the enclosed box section behind i=
t in the passenger compartment.=C2=A0 My only option was to drill a hole an=
d put a 10/32 nutsert in there.=C2=A0 You can see the tool I used in one of=
 the pictures.=C2=A0 It worked great.=C2=A0 I have a feeling this won&#39;t=
 be the last time this tool will come in handy.=C2=A0 The deeper I get into=
 this wiring the more I understand and the more I see the smaller harnesses=
 that are missing.=C2=A0 There is a shop that does classic car wiring harne=
sses locally here.=C2=A0 I know the guy that runs it.=C2=A0 Maybe I can get=
 the right color cloth covered wires from him to make my own harnesses.=C2=
=A0 The dip switch harness and the wiper motor harness to name a couple.=C2=
=A0 The wiring harness was a gift from the late Tom Rocke.=C2=A0 Can&#39;t =
complain about a free wiring harness.=C2=A0 Just a very productive night in=
 the garage tonight.=C2=A0 It&#39;s fun when things work out, which does no=
t always happen.=C2=A0 The engine and trans will be going in soon.=C2=A0 Do=
n&#39;t know how that is going to go.=C2=A0 Not a one man job.<br></div><di=
____________________<br>
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferre=
r" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"h=