healeys

Re: [Healeys] Rubber talk - grommets

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rubber talk - grommets
From: Henry G Leach via Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 02:24:45 +0000 Ox/ZvLfRpnPcwdhaPkheVG28iPBzVRocoAcRkwVjo/g1JrQO39bM52jmkdzBUTxGSk1gvBWsgf390ejsG5jyAsoGWy1E7YaF+d8=
Cc: 'Healey list' <Healeys@autox.team.net>

--=_b4fb97dc2ff74525699dd98e4ef19c42

Alan-if you purchased the gauge as new, it comes with the grommet=0Ainst=
alled on the capillary line....they were installed before the line=0Awas=
 soldered in place. Aftermarket, or using a rebuilt unit, you will=0Ahav=
e to put a cross hair cut in the center of the grommet, then push=0Athe=
 bulb thru. After you position it in the bulkhead it will close up=0Abut=
 you could put a small bit of sealer on the slits. Same technique=0Afor=
 the speedometer or tachometer cable. I actually took a steel=0Acircle d=
ie cutter and punched my grommet with a hole just slightly=0Asmaller tha=
n the size of the outer cable casings. Use Armorall to help=0Ait slide u=
p the line to its final position. Hank=0A=0A=09-------------------------=
----------------From: "Alan Seigrist via=0AHealeys" =0ATo: "Healey list"=
=0ACc: =0ASent: Wednesday February 17 2021 5:17:19PM=0ASubject: [Healeys=
] Rubber talk - grommets=0A=0A All - =0A With all this talk about instal=
ling wiper grommet bobbins, got me=0Athinking - how do you install gromm=
ets on tach/speedo/oil=0Apressure/temp sender lines without cutting the=
 grommets? The grommets=0Aare impossible to fit over the ends of these c=
ables.... =0A So far I am having to cut the grommets but I think there m=
ust be a=0Abetter way. =0A Thanks, =0A Alan

--=_b4fb97dc2ff74525699dd98e4ef19c42

ommet installed on the capillary line....they were installed before the=
 line was soldered in place. Aftermarket, or using a rebuilt unit, you w=
ill have to put a cross hair cut in the center of the grommet, then push=
 the bulb thru.&nbsp; After you position it in the bulkhead it will clos=
e up but you could put a small bit of sealer on the slits. Same techniqu=
e for the speedometer or tachometer cable. I actually took a steel circl=
e die cutter and punched my grommet with a hole just slightly smaller th=
an the size of the outer cable casings.&nbsp; Use Armorall to help it sl=
ide up the line to its final position. Hank<br><br><div class=3D"reply-n=
: "Alan Seigrist via Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net><br>To: "Healey li=
br></div>=0A<div>With all this talk about installing wiper grommet bobbi=
ns, got=0Ame thinking - how do you install grommets on tach/speedo/oil=
=0Apressure/temp sender lines without cutting the grommets?&nbsp;=0AThe&=
nbsp;grommets are impossible to fit over the ends of these=0Acables....<=
tox.team.net></body></html>

--=_b4fb97dc2ff74525699dd98e4ef19c42--

--===============6236552648591249402==