healeys

Re: [Healeys] Wiring Question

To: john harper <ah100tech@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wiring Question
From: David Nock <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 12:44:46 -0800
Cc: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-ACB27F0F-A1E9-4290-BF4A-D1C335773458
        charset=utf-8

The white red wire has an Eyelet to attach=C3=A9 to the original style start=
er solenoid.=20

The single blAck wire attaches to the E terminal on the solenoid. And the ey=
elet with the two black wires attaches to the firewall screw next to the reg=
ulator=20

David Nock

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 6:24 AM, john harper <ah100tech@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Micheal
>=20
> You are correct the black earth wires need to go to the bulkhead on a scre=
w hole nearby. There also need to be a black earth wire to the right-hand te=
rminal on the control box. This should be part of the loom but if not you wi=
ll need to make up a short black wire
>=20
onnectors so it is not an original. Lucars did not come into use until  100 p=
roductions ceased. To be authentic you will have to find a later solenoid. A=
s a compromise, you could make up a short fully insulated adaptor cable with=
 an eye and a short nut and bolt with a Lucar on the other end Then you coul=
d go back to originality with an older starter solenoid if you could find on=
e. I believe that you can just remove the Lucar on the main terminal (on the=
 right)
>=20
> Regards
>=20
>> On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 12:42, Michael Salter <michaelsalter@gmail.com> wr=
ote:
>> The starter solenoid wire has an eyelet because the original Lucas soleno=
id had a threaded terminal with a nut for that connection.
>>=20
>>=20
>>> On Sat., Dec. 19, 2020, 1:20 a.m. Michael MacLean, <rrengineer.mike@att.=
net> wrote:
>>>      Wiring the engine bay in my BN2 now.  A little confused.  When I wi=
red the Bugeye some 20 years ago I don't seem to remember having any problem=
s matching wiring end terminals with the connections to the components in th=
e engine bay.  If you look at the two pictures one is of a straight on shot o=
f the voltage regulator with the cover off.  All the connections have been m=
ade except the three black wires that go to the screw on the right.  Easy en=
ough to just cut off the eyelet and twist the three wires together, then sho=
ve under the screw.  My question is why is there an eyelet connecting these t=
hree wires?  The second picture (not real clear) shows another eyelet on the=
 end of the white wire with the red tracer.  This wire goes to the blade con=
nector at the top of the solenoid.  I can see that I have to cut this eyelet=
 off also and crimp/solder a female connector for the blade connection (or d=
rill out that hole and put a screw and nut in there for the eyelet), but why=
 is there an eyelet on the end of this wire?  Did the original solenoid have=
 a screw connection for the eyelet.  That would not be the case for the thre=
e black wires that connect to the voltage regulator though.  Just wanted to a=
sk before I started snipping away here.
>>> Mike MacLean
>>>=20
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michae=
lsalter@gmail.com
>>>=20
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/ah100te=
ch@gmail.com
>>=20
>=20
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeydo=
c@gmail.com
>=20

--Apple-Mail-ACB27F0F-A1E9-4290-BF4A-D1C335773458
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">The white red wire has an Eyelet to attach=C3=
, at 6:24 AM, john harper &lt;ah100tech@gmail.com&gt; wrote:<br><br></blockq=
 go to the bulkhead on a screw hole nearby. There also need to be a black ea=
rth wire to the right-hand terminal on the control box. This should be part o=
f the loom but if not you will need to make up a short black wire</div><div>=
r (push on) connectors&nbsp;so it is not an original. Lucars did not come in=
to use until&nbsp; 100 productions&nbsp;ceased. To be authentic&nbsp;you wil=
l have to find a later solenoid. As a compromise, you could make up a short f=
ully <b>insulated</b> adaptor&nbsp;cable with an eye and a short&nbsp;nut an=
d bolt with a Lucar on the other end Then you could go back to originality w=
ith an older starter solenoid if you could find&nbsp;one. I believe&nbsp;tha=
t you can just remove the Lucar on the main terminal&nbsp;(on the right)</di=
 dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 12:42, Michael Salt=
er &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:michaelsalter@gmail.com";>michaelsalter@gmail.com</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0=
px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div d=
ir=3D"auto">The starter solenoid wire has an eyelet because the original Luc=
as solenoid had a threaded terminal with a nut for that connection.<div dir=3D=
e"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat., Dec. 19, 2020, 1:20 a.m. M=
ichael MacLean, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rrengineer.mike@att.net"; rel=3D"norefe=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:=
1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:=
&quot;times new roman&quot;,&quot;new york&quot;,times,serif;font-size:16px"=
ow.&nbsp; A little confused.&nbsp; When I wired the Bugeye some 20 years ago=
 I don't seem to remember having any problems matching wiring end terminals w=
ith the connections to the components in the engine bay.&nbsp; If you look a=
t the two pictures one is of a straight on shot of the voltage regulator wit=
h the cover off.&nbsp; All the connections have been made except the three b=
lack wires that go to the screw on the right.&nbsp; Easy enough to just cut o=
ff the eyelet and twist the three wires together, then shove under the screw=
.&nbsp; My question is why is there an eyelet connecting these three wires?&=
nbsp; The second picture (not real clear) shows another eyelet on the end of=
 the white wire with the red tracer.&nbsp; This wire goes to the blade conne=
ctor at the top of the solenoid.&nbsp; I can see that I have to cut this eye=
let off also and crimp/solder a female connector for the blade connection (o=
r drill out that hole and put a screw and nut in there for the eyelet), but w=
hy is there an eyelet on the end of this wire?&nbsp; Did the original soleno=
id have a screw connection for the eyelet.&nbsp; That would not be the case f=
or the three black wires that connect to the voltage regulator though.&nbsp;=
 Just wanted to ask before I started snipping away here.</div><div dir=3D"lt=
________<br>
er noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferrer=
 noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/heal=
eys</a> <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
et=3D"_blank">Healeys@autox.team.net</a><br>
 noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/list=
info/healeys</a><br>
/michaelsalter@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/michaelsalter@gmail.c=
om</a><br>
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys"; rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://auto=
x.team.net/archive</a><br>
am.net</a><br>
/ah100tech@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/healeys/ah100tech@gmail.com</a><br>
ttp://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/healeydoc@gmail.com</span><br><=

--Apple-Mail-ACB27F0F-A1E9-4290-BF4A-D1C335773458--

--===============5720919961838090242==