healeys

Re: [Healeys] Instrument Restoration

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Instrument Restoration
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 18:43:26 -0700

--------------45013B736854E11083F4695B

Also, the restorer may ask what kind of resto you want; 'better than
new' or otherwise.  Morris at West Valley--ex. of MoMa--told us when we
had our BN2's tach restored that he could make it look new, but it
probably wouldn't look right unless we did the other gauges as well.  We
went with 'clean it up.'

Bob

On 10/28/2019 6:08 PM, George Marinos via Healeys wrote:
> Make sure your comparing apples for apples.  There are alot of
> variables and levels of â??restorationâ??.  I have not done business with
> either of those companies, only Nisongerâ??s many years ago.  Let us
> know what you decide and the end result.  I have a KPH Speedometer
> that I am considering getting restored.
> George
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Oct 28, 2019, at 11:31 AM, Michael MacLean
>> <rrengineer.mike@att.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have been getting quotes for the repair of my Bugeye tachometer
>> that froze up.  So far only two quotes, but they are way off from
>> each other.  MoMa quoted $175.  I thought that quote was not bad, but
>> I was in shock when Palo Alto Speedometer quoted $375!  Usually I
>> don't let price alone determine who I do business with, but in this
>> case it may just be the determining factor.
>> Mike MacLean

--------------45013B736854E11083F4695B

  <head>
  </head>
    Also, the restorer may ask what kind of resto you want; 'better than
    new' or otherwise.  Morris at West Valley--ex. of MoMa--told us when
    we had our BN2's tach restored that he could make it look new, but
    it probably wouldn't look right unless we did the other gauges as
    well.  We went with 'clean it up.'<br>
    Bob<br>
      via Healeys wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:ADA127F9-D2C7-420B-9D85-4999722A9EEE@verizon.net">
      Make sure your comparing apples for apples.  There are alot of
      variables and levels of â??restorationâ??.  I have not done business
      with either of those companies, only Nisongerâ??s many years ago.
       Let us know what you decide and the end result.  I have a KPH
      Speedometer that I am considering getting restored.
            MacLean <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:rrengineer.mike@att.net";>&lt;rrengineer.mike@att.net&gt;</a>
wrote:<br>
            my Bugeye tachometer that froze up.  So far only two quotes,
            but they are way off from each other.  MoMa quoted $175.  I
            thought that quote was not bad, but I was in shock when Palo
            Alto Speedometer quoted $375!  Usually I don't let price
            alone determine who I do business with, but in this case it
            may just be the determining factor.
              MacLean<br>

--------------45013B736854E11083F4695B--

--===============4458987971876764251==