healeys

Re: [Healeys] Instrument Restoration

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Instrument Restoration
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:08:36 -0700

--------------84AA5D093361A60A3B3919ED

PA Speedo likely has massive overhead costs compared to MoMa.  After
all, they're in downtown Palo Alto, not far from Facebook and other tech
firm HQs (unless they've moved to, oh, Manteca, but kept the name).

I had a really good tire/wheel guy--'Palo Alto Wheel and Brake' IIRC, a
second-generation shop--who was run out of town because PA didn't want
one of those grimy, blue-collar-type businesses in their swanky
neighborhood (he moved to Mountain View, but eventually went out of
business).   I'm surprised Antonio's Nut House--named, in part, for the
peanut shells on the floor--has survived, but I hear dive bars are all
the rage with tech bros/sisters these days (same for Fred's in MV, but I
hear it's gotten less divey).

Either shop will do a good job.

Bob

On 10/28/2019 8:30 AM, Michael MacLean wrote:
> I have been getting quotes for the repair of my Bugeye tachometer that
> froze up.  So far only two quotes, but they are way off from each
> other.  MoMa quoted $175.  I thought that quote was not bad, but I was
> in shock when Palo Alto Speedometer quoted $375! Usually I don't let
> price alone determine who I do business with, but in this case it may
> just be the determining factor.
> Mike MacLean
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

--------------84AA5D093361A60A3B3919ED

  <head>
  </head>
    PA Speedo likely has massive overhead costs compared to MoMa.  After
    all, they're in downtown Palo Alto, not far from Facebook and other
    tech firm HQs (unless they've moved to, oh, Manteca, but kept the
    name).<br>
    I had a really good tire/wheel guy--'Palo Alto Wheel and Brake'
    IIRC, a second-generation shop--who was run out of town because PA
    didn't want one of those grimy, blue-collar-type businesses in their
    swanky neighborhood (he moved to Mountain View, but eventually went
    out of business).   I'm surprised Antonio's Nut House--named, in
    part, for the peanut shells on the floor--has survived, but I hear
    dive bars are all the rage with tech bros/sisters these days (same
    for Fred's in MV, but I hear it's gotten less divey).<br>
    Either shop will do a good job.<br>
    Bob<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:1727994725.3261998.1572276651674@mail.yahoo.com">
      I have been getting quotes for the repair of my Bugeye tachometer
      that froze up.  So far only two quotes, but they are way off from
      each other.  MoMa quoted $175.  I thought that quote was not bad,
      but I was in shock when Palo Alto Speedometer quoted $375!
      Usually I don't let price alone determine who I do business with,
      but in this case it may just be the determining factor.
            id="ymail_android_signature_link"
href="https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&amp;c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=ym&amp;af_sub1=Internal&amp;af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=EmailSignature";
            moz-do-not-send="true">Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android</a></div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">
</pre>

--------------84AA5D093361A60A3B3919ED--

--===============4349171814232266700==