healeys

Re: [Healeys] POR15 in frame?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] POR15 in frame?
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 10:14:44 -0700

--------------AAA8A490FC995EB7706309E4

Can't hurt.  I shot LPS3 into my BJ8's frame with an undercoating gun;
linseed oil--often used in tubular aircraft fuselages--and other rust
preventives would be fine, too.

When we had our BN2/100M frame on a rotisserie, you could hear the rust
flakes/powder when you rotated the rotisserie.  Not much you can do
about it short of cutting the frame open (or replacing with one of the
new frames).

Bob

On 10/28/2019 10:01 AM, S. Carr wrote:
> The man working on my 100 (frame & welded-on body parts all blasted &
> primed) is wondering if it would be a good idea to pour some POR15
> into the holes in the frame and move the car around (itâ??s on a
> rotisserie) to spread the stuff around inside the frame rails.  Whatâ??s
> the Listâ??s opinion?
> Thanks,
> Sarah Carr BN1 in PA

--------------AAA8A490FC995EB7706309E4

  <head>
  </head>
    Can't hurt.  I shot LPS3 into my BJ8's frame with an undercoating
    gun; linseed oil--often used in tubular aircraft fuselages--and
    other rust preventives would be fine, too.<br>
    When we had our BN2/100M frame on a rotisserie, you could hear the
    rust flakes/powder when you rotated the rotisserie.  Not much you
    can do about it short of cutting the frame open (or replacing with
    one of the new frames).<br>
    Bob<br>
      cite="mid:0CC04ECE745C4163A29606393E42FDC6@HomePC">
          #000000">
            parts all blasted &amp; primed) is wondering if it would be
            a good idea to pour some POR15 into the holes in the frame
            and move the car around (itâ??s on a rotisserie) to spread the
            stuff around inside the frame rails.  Whatâ??s the Listâ??s
            opinion?</div>

--------------AAA8A490FC995EB7706309E4--

--===============4524188260242646518==