healeys

[Healeys] Healeys BN7 on ebay

Subject: [Healeys] Healeys BN7 on ebay
From: wwycoffbn7 at aol.com (wwycoffbn7 at aol.com)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 18:25:18 -0400
Hi,
?
Our car came to us in the mid 70's with a fully functional auxiliary carb and
the OTTER switch. ?Visually, it is a pretty neat looking arrangement. The
engine started fine, warmed up and the switch would shut down the auxiliary
carb.
?
However, the cam and tune of our engines tended to cause the engine to
occasionally cough before fully warming up. ?When that would occur, a fine mist
of gas sprays out of the auxiliary carb all over the engine bay. ?A respected
Healey expert said to me that quite a number of these Thermo-carb equipped cars
burned down due to this feature and encouraged me to change the manifold and
carbs to the manual choke ?arrangement. ?
?
We did that conversion as part of a rebuild in 2001 and have been going fine
ever since.
?
Best Regards,
?