healeys

[Healeys] BJ8 Horn/Signal light assembly question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Horn/Signal light assembly question
From: Tom Felts <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 19:29:35 -0400
So I was having signal light cancellation problems---so I removed the three set
screws and backed out the assembly far enough to access the round metal disc. I
rotated it until I got the cancellation that I liked.

My concern-------------------the assembly now does not fit flush to the
steering wheel hub.  There is a noticable gap between it and the hub.

I noticed that on the metal disc there is a 90 degree "foot" coming off of it.
Does this foot go in a special spot on the hub?  If so, that might answer why I
have such a noticable gap.

Even so, everything works as it should--horn blows, signal lights work and
cancel--it is just the gap that bugs me.

Any hints?  Does your assembly fit flush up to the steering wheel hub?

Thanks
tom