healeys

Re: [Healeys] Fuel (was: tuning and timing)

To: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1370532630; bh=XorUTenaxU9cZTVolpLxpjOweRp7ylXlK5CViyfyyYo=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=ACig14lEo97s+mW5+dQy/LlPBMCwCDyGwj/FXyL0qEPtPQk8/M1Rx1bjo1de3t+Nv yzwuAHjTqmzEdOOYv7rfMkBf6dn4r6wnNicpIu+LPOAKnnBGDyqZfGFFq0TFSGwTC4 F7AJA3FciUjUTs26E1KJq7hG220yhDGEk7FMJnBXSwpvhY6VMrwkixBNgDpnpwMG5K Sz6IYmZ6UgLsvvVjgWiWAmn6++XzPu6eO9mDpNr2OgbNLrFSrb8tkCAea4CGjpFZGg Ca9LdEGGV9Bv0v9vx0rp1FwxvRKbUDT0ckDm7zk6hC5tKKuk/K1Vmf96uSxbdRzkK5 O303p5sMzUgXw==
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fuel (was: tuning and timing)
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:30:30 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Chris,

How are you performing your octane-rating tests?

Yes, TEL does more than lubricate. If fact, TEL was discovered/developed at the
Sloan-Kettering institute (think it was part of GM at the time) in the 1930s in
an effort to improve anti-detonation properties of fuel so more powerful
aircraft piston engines could be developed (some people saw WWII coming long
before it started). The lubrication qualities were a fortunate side effect.

Anyway, it's a moot point because unleaded gasoline has caused all older
engines to blow all their exhaust valves through the head already.

Don't know that I've ever seen '100 octane 5-star,' but I'm only 60.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA