healeys

Re: Header Tape

To: glemon@neb.rr.com
Subject: Re: Header Tape
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:32:08 -0700
glemon@neb.rr.com wrote:

>Thanks to all who have replied, seems to be the rare concensus on the
>list, header tape + cast iron manifold = bad idea.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg Lemon
>54 BN1

Hi Greg,

I'll add one more formula for you:  Header wrap + daily driver = bad
idea.  If you only drive a car with headers and header wrap occasionally
or to race it, you should be OK.  I added the wrap to my 240Z daily
beater, as did some others in my Z Car club, and we fried all the welds
in the headers.  So unless you want to sound like a Midas commercial,
best stay away from that situation as well.  BTDT

Cheers,

Bill Barnett
'53 BN1, two-owner
'72 240Z, one-owner