healeys

Spare tyre

To: Healey forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spare tyre
From: "Ph.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:42:11 +0200
Friends,
while restoring my BJ8 I even went to the trouble of gluing new black
vinyl on the two wooden blocks that should hold the spare tire in place
in the boot. The unfortunate point is that my spare wheel, with its new
Michelin 175 ZX tire, is apparently wider than the original tire. The
tire hits the blocks instead of sliding under them, with the result that
I can't close my boot lid. I could reposition the block on the left by
drilling new holes , but the block on the separation between boot and
inner compartment is, as far as I can judge, already in its highest
position. Any good suggestions, besides the one to let the air out of
the spare tire or to leave the spare tire at home?
Thanks and regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432, nearly finished