healeys

Re vinyl to CD conversion

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re vinyl to CD conversion
From: John Sims <ahbn6@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:19:21 -0500
Rather than to respond individually:

1. In my experience, beer, vodka, gin, wine, whiskey all work equally well.
In a pinch, mint Listerine (20% alcohol). Also a couple of words best left
off of the internet.

2. Yes, I know that Audacity is a free program but at least when it came
bundled with the turntable, there were some minimalist instructions that are
not available on the free download. I must add that they did leave out the
most important instruction and that is to click on the forward arrow before
clicking on the record button. I checked again after a couple of cups of
coffee and it is not anywhere in their documentation but last night after
the third martini, I accidentally hit it and it worked thus my theory that
either the writer had to imbibe to write poor instructions or I had to
imbibe to be carefree enough to click randomly without using logic.

3. Key is a turntable with USB capabilities.

4. Making CD's from my wife's old vinyl is a great idea. Now I have to go up
into the attic to find them.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com