healeys

100S

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100S
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:15:01 -0500
No longer are they coveted  by
just the Healey fraternity but they are viewed by the vintage racers as
relatively cheap race cars for those who want to enter the historic events.

I think this is right on.
In other words, DMH's original sales strategy from 55 years ago still applies.
We're either the entry vehicle for the upscale stuff or we're the peak of the
B class, take your choice.  Promote the marque through racing.  Market it to
the upward strivers.  He hit his target then and now.
I seem to remember that the Healey has beaten some much more exotic machines
sometime in it's history, somewhere, just can't remember where and when right
now.  Maybe with endurance, reliability, toughness?  It's not called the Brute
for nothing. IMHO.  Which is why naming one Ophelia, for example, seems
strange.  But that's just me.

Bill Moyer, BJ7 aka Chimera, not Phyllis