healeys

Healey 100 Front Springs

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 100 Front Springs
From: "Reid Trummel" <editor_reid@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 02:35:53 +0000
Hi Team,

Need a little help on the subject of front springs for my BN2.  During the
restoration, we installed new ones, but now the front end of the car sits
way high.  In fact, it looks like a car without an engine in it.  (I
checked; there IS an engne in it.)  The springs we installed looked like the
tired old ones that were in it, so we're kinda stumped at how we ended up
like this.

Could someone with some verified correct, original BN2 front springs give me
some dimensions and/or photos?  What's the diameter of the rod?  What's the
diameter of the overall spring coil?  How many loops?  What's the overall
height when they're in good shape?

We're got a large supply of used Healey springs to choose from to replace
these, but want to make sure we get the right ones when we go to replace
these too-high ones.

Any additional insights?  Thanks.

Reid

Reid Trummel