healeys

Re: Speedo Woes '65 BJ8

To: pennell@cox.net
Subject: Re: Speedo Woes '65 BJ8
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:44:51 -0600
Hi Keith,

In order for Nissonger or anyone else to check speedo calibration, it is
necessary for you to furnish the CORRECT "revolutions per mile" for your
particular car. There are a number of 'possible" calibrations for the
cars. Only one of which is correct.

The revs per mile is printed on the speedo face, something like 1325 for
a 4.11 axle ratio & standard original diameter tires. Other axle ratios
& tire diameters will come out a different number.  If your axle ratio &
tire diameter don't match the intended speedo revs per mile, the
calibration will be wrong. Obviously if the speedo or it's calibration
or the axle ratio have been changed somewhere along the way, things will
not match up.

Instructions for measuring your actual revs per mile have been published
a number of times. Only by furnishing this correct information, can
Nissonger  verify calibration.

I would discuss the problem with Margaret Lucas, as suggested.

Regards,
Dave Russell