healeys

Re: Poly Bushings vs Stock Ones

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Poly Bushings vs Stock Ones
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:59:32 -0700
I'll second Ken Freese's comment, though I've only used the nylon/graphite
as opposed to polyurethane.  They made a horrible "clunk" when I went over
a bump.  I do, however, use nylon offset bushings on the top trunnion link to
take out some of the excessive pos. camber my BJ8 has always had (never
really figured out why ... maybe the assembly line dude thought he was
making an MG-TC ;).

I couldn't tell any difference in ride or handling compared to stock
steel/rubber.
What made a BIG difference was getting the camber set to about 1deg pos.
(best I could get with the offset bushings).  Someday I'll get the adjustable
shock plates and get it just right ...

bs

Subject: Poly Bushings vs Stock Ones