healeys

Re: Weber DGVs vs HD8s

To: "dwflagg@juno.com" <dwflagg@juno.com>, <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DGVs vs HD8s
From: Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:43:25 -0700
You get MY vote!!

While not a concourse person (and I have no quarrel with them at all - I
simply do not have the requisite funds) I like my car (BT7 tricarb) pretty
much as it is.

The ONLY modifications I would consider would be ones which could have been
done at the time of manufacture.  IF I ever redo my engine, I'm looking at a
BJ8 cam, and triple HD6s. I also have an original, as-new condition, 3.54
pumpkin - that will probably be the first change.

But, I am fortunate to be the original owner of my car, and you do have to
consider that, some of the people who have made the sweeping changes you
note, started with some pretty clapped-out vehicles, already buggered by a
PO, so the sense of originality was not so strong.

Dick Hosmer