healeys

[Fwd: Re: Goodwood Revival]

To: Healey Forum <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Goodwood Revival]
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:51:48 +0100
Sorry guys, didn't hit right button!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Goodwood Revival
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:42:52 +0100
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
To: Frenken, Eric <efrenken@lctax.de>

Frenken, Eric wrote:

> Is any of you listers aware of the Goodwood Revival Festival held every year
>in the UK (this year September 16-18)?
>
> As I'm planning to be in England during this time I'd like to be there. Have
>a look at the pics on www.goodwood.co.uk. Must be an awesome event.
>
> Any experiences from former years? Any listers going there this year?
>
> Eric          BT7
> Heinsberg/Germany

Eric,

Yep, I go every year - since the first Revival and I always try and take my
Healey. It is simply unique. Nowhere else will you see the real racers, driving
ing the real racers, with an audience in costume and on such a historic circuit

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album92

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album89

http://gallery.leica-users.org/GoodwoodAirfield

and

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Lambretti

for some photos taken there last year, to get a flavour. Not only was Goodwood a
racing circuit but as RAF Westhampnett it was a WWII airfield. The idea is to
create for three days something of the feeling of the period from 1940 - 1968;
although most of the emphasis is on racing, there is plenty of flying too. If
they can fly it and get it there then you will be surprised at what you will
see!

As to racing it isn't unknown to have a grid worth Euro 5 - 10M in
wheel-to-wheel racing, everything from production cars to the recreation of the
RAC 9 hours TT (although it only runs for an hour) with Ferraris, Cobras, Lolas,
Lotuses and so on and so on.

Be aware that you HAVE to buy tickets in advance.

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/

Look forwrad to seeing you there.

Peter Dzwig