healeys

RE: Birth Announcment

To: <dicksonr@uwm.edu>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Birth Announcment
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:34:57 -0400
Thank goodness, you finally have someone who will be able to take the front
fenders off for you.  Without moving the heater hoses.   I'd feed her only the
finest of foods, make flash cards out of pictures of the engine bay and show
them to her saying "carbs", "Healey",  "fan belt", etc.  Repeat daily until
she's 5.

Congrats!   I've got a 9 month old granddaughter living with me and it's just
OK.  Yours has nice healthy weight, obviously beautiful baby.  Get used to
being up at night.  Not right away, but it will come.  My daughter is so
anxious to inherit the Healey I'm almost sorry I taught her to shoot, let
alone drive.  Be warned.  The thought of it continuing up the family tree
comforts me somehow, perhaps because I no longer believe I'm immortal.  She
says her brother can have the comic book collection.  OK.  Number one X-Men in
that group of 300 Marvel issues, all of which were purchased by me as new.
Might not be all that bad a deal for Brad.

Bill Moyer, BJ7, I'm hoping the clunking noise is due to a loose tyranny
mount.  Imagine hoping for that.  If weather is kind (unlikely) Chimera and I
are going to a local "Classic and Antique Car Show" run by a local antique car
club.  I'll give long odds that there's only one Healey there.  Gotta' polish
him up tomorrow.  Key scratch as yet unrepaired, but have investigated many
possibilities, getting more interesting insights into the problem as I go.
Most horrible and most likely solution - reshoot the entire side.  In poly. Oh
my! I've gotta' find my asbestos underwear.   Weather is stalled in Lancaster
County, PA, USA leftovers from the hurricane.  Chimera went into the rain for
only the second time since his 1991-2 restoration.  Happily he seems to have
survived.  Don't know about the "hood" since that was only the second time it
had been up since 1995.  The rear window seems a little cloudy.  Imagine
that.

Hang in there and happy daddydom.