healeys

Re: BJ8 Choke Cable-help

To: <gschwind@charter.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ8 Choke Cable-help
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:11:19 -0400
Don,

Make sure that the "shoulders" of the to carb cables are set into the metal
block at the dash.  It may be that the 3/8 travel you mention is due to this.
To take care of this and take up any other slopyness I would first loosen the
cable attachments at the choke levers.  Then grab the cable with pliers and
pull to take up all slack in the connections/sheath.

On the return springs there should be none, one or two.  Whatever it takes to
pull the choke off.  The springs installed with the lever are often not strong
enough to pull each choke off.

Keith Pennell
With one spring