healeys

Re: HS4 Fast idle

To: <rusd@velocitus.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HS4 Fast idle
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:51:59 -0400
Hi Dave, Thanks for the feedback, but I have both really leaned out and
enriched the carbs to the point that I know it isn't the mix. The car starts a
bit more hard, without the choke, but it starts.  I went so far as to remove
the dashpots today and reset the jet height to scratch, flush, then 12 flats
down. --Did not make a significant difference. Still at this point, I'll take
all the suggestions I can get.
I'm becoming convinced it's in the ignition. --and am waiting for misc small
parts, before working through the remainder of my check list.
Back when this car had incorrect twin HDs on it, it always fired right up in
the summer, without choke.. for six years...
Man, am I havin' fun, or What??
Dave J.