healeys

Wire Wheel Rear Hub Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheel Rear Hub Question
From: "tom felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:17:52 -0400
I have been hearing a "clunk" in the rear when applying the brakes.  Yesterday
I pulled the wheels and inspected the splines of the hubs.  They are very sharp
on top and some appear to be "leaning over" a little.  The splines in the wheel
itself look good and the wheels are 1986 vintage.

I'm assuming the hubs, at the very least, need to be replaced and will do that.
 What is the concensus of "not" replacing the wire wheels when you add new
hubs?  Also, does anyone have a good description of what "replace now" hubs
look like?

BTW, the hubs on the front look OK----from my impression anyway.

TIA
Tom