healeys

Re: AH4000

To: Edward Anderson <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Subject: Re: AH4000
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:33:38 +0800
Ed -

The Healey 4000 was a prototype using a 4 liter Rolls Royce motor.  I
think two or three were made, only two are known to exist.  I think
Rolls was fairly keen on the idea but I think lackluster performance
nixed the whole idea from Donald Healey... plus the healey was
considered an old design by 1968.  I think the idea that most buyers
would have put an automatic in the car (as being marketed through
Rolls showrooms) probably sent a shudder up Donald's spine!

You can see what it looks like here:

http://www.rmahc.com/healey4000.html

Regards,

Alan