healeys

Re: brake light switch

To: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: brake light switch
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:18:09 -0500
I added a mechanical switch to my BJ8 when my brother-in-law told me my
brake lights weren't working. I was using the brakes lightly and not
enough pressure to cause the in-line switch to function. I wired it in
parallel with the in-line switch so either one will cause the brake
lights to operate. I also installed a bright third brake light on my
luggage rack. There are too many drivers out there that drive too close
behind me and I want to give the earliest possible and brightest warning
possible to avoid getting rear ended.
Alan S
HBJ8