new to list - considering geez purchase

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: new to list - considering geez purchase
From: James Shoffit <james@shoffit.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:31:23 -0500
I just saw this list on the extremegeez website
and thought I would join.

I am trying to decide how useful the hardware/software
combo would be for me.

My wife and I both autocross competitively with the
Porsche club, and also do Drivers' Ed events on
race tracks.  Autocrosses are usually 10 non-consecutive
laps, and the DEs are usually 20 minute runsets.

I have a Palm IIIx that I would be using for this (I have
about half of my 4 meg free right now).

I want to be able to compare my runs with my wife's
both in the autocrosses and the DEs.  She is a
few tenths behind me at most autocrosses and I
want to help her see where I am faster (and help
me see where SHE is faster as well).  At DEs I
want to see where the differences are as well.

So here are some questions :

1) How much Palm ram does it use for a 25-minute
session ?

2) How easy is it to download the data to the PC
for analysis ?  It is just a hot-sync away, or are there
a few steps that I need to be aware of ?  Can it be
done between runs, or just at the end of the day ?

Thanks,

James Shoffit, Irving, TX