Re: Geez problem

To: gene.g.beaird@mail.sprint.com, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Geez problem
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:17:00 EST
In a message dated 3/26/02 8:12:19 AM Central Standard Time,
gene.g.beaird@mail.sprint.com writes:

<< Gary,

 Could you clarify the part of your reply between the astrisks (added by
 me)?  When you say your trim 'that one section', what do you trim?  Do
 you remove part of the logged run, or adjust something?  Thanks.

 Gene Beaird>>

On the map adjustments, (was it page 2) you can make adjustments just like
the overall Left / Right and Fore / Aft G's you use on the overall map, but
you can localize these adjustments to just portions of the map based on time.

I don't have GEEZ on this computer, so I am writing this from memory. It has
been a few months since I ran.

For example, you have a left turn on course that should be a tight 180. But
as you entered it, under braking the tail stepped out and you made the turn
with a wide sideways drift. On the map, GEEZ shows this as only a small
amount of turn, and acceleration from 35 mph to 90 mph. You enter the start
and end times of that section, and reduce the accell G's until the corner
exit speed looks about right, and increase the left G's until the corner
curve is about right.

With the car rotated so the tail is facing the outside of the corner, much of
the cornering force was acting on the logitudinal axis instead of the lateral
axis.

The opposite can happen if you push very hard in the corner, so the nose is
technically out. Your speed will show as dropping fast with less of a turn
than expected.

I hope this helps.

Gary M.