Re: Extreme GEEZ opinions?

To: "Darren Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: Extreme GEEZ opinions?
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:15:37 -0700
Darren Madams wrote:
> Byron never fricking updates his website!

Oh, uh, yeah, that's pretty much correct...

(Hanging my head in embarrassment...)

I really do plan on it, but time is not my ally these days.
We are working on some new stuff though, so just stand by...

Also, on adjusting maps, Darren mentioned that he finds it
tedious to set up a map right.  I was just working with a
user in SD at the Tour who was struggling with this.  He
showed me his adjustment he had done, and he had set pretty
much every adjustment he could find on page 2 of the
adjustment dialog.  The map was still pretty ugly.  He told
me he took 30 minutes to get that far.

I moved all the adjusters back to zero (over his big
objections that I was undoing all of his hard work) then
looked at the map.  It was too open at the end, so I went to
adjustments, click twice on end speed setting it to -0.020,
and hit okay.  Done.  The map was near perfect.  Total time,
about 10 seconds.

The moral here is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you
are having trouble with your map adjustments read the
tutorial in the help pages.  If you are still having trouble
with it, then call me and we'll do a map together.

The other day I downloaded 12 runs from the SD National
Tour, and adjusted all twelve as I downloaded them.  Total
time was 20 minutes, or about 1 minute 40 seconds each to
download, trim, adjust, type in the User name in the diary,
etc.  Map adjustment should be around 1 minute total time on
an autocross course to get maps to about 80-90%.

--Byron

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///