Re: Downloading problem from G-analyst

To: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Downloading problem from G-analyst
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:55:42 -0700
Hi Wes,

You are using the original G.Analyst software with your
G.Analyst?  Yikes!

You can make GEEZ accept your G.Analyst as it's primary
input device, and download directly to GEEZ from your
G.Analyst.  Go to Setup | Program Options | Device, and set
the Standard Input Device to "G.Analyst".  After you do
that, anytime you go to the File menu and click on Record
you'll get a "Download G.Analyst" dialog, which will handle
the download for you.  It works pretty much like the old
G.Analyst software, so it should be pretty easy for you.

The problem with the old G.Analyst software is that it
required direct manipulation of the ports from DOS, and
Windows isn't particularly friendly with that approach.  Our
software handles it correctly.

Also, if you need it, I have a free G.Analyst program I can
e-mail you which will download from the G.Analyst directly,
outside of GEEZ.  But if you are using GEEZ anyway, you
shouldn't need it...just follow the above.

--Byron