Re: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)

To: tag@cs.utah.edu, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:15:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/99 4:02:29 PM Central Daylight Time, tag@cs.utah.edu
writes:

<<
 I never turned the power module off (there was only a minute or so
 between runs).  I take it that is not an option if you want it to revert
 back to autostart mode when you power cycle the Palm.  (i.e. you must
 cycle the power module (and in the order you provided.)) >>

Todd,

Please read my lips, :-)  this procedure will ensure maximum battery use on
both the Palm and the 9 volt booster,

Repeating what I already posted for you:

<<
 This pretty much drained the battery.  I managed to get one run during
 the competition on Saturday.  However, I missed my 2nd run because I
 started to power the Palm on and off between runs.  When the record app
 came back up it didn't automatically go back into autostart mode.  It'd
 be nice if could retain the state that it was in if the PalmOS allows
 that.   >>

It does if you follow the proper procedure, which I detailed out a while back
on this digest.  Not sure if we have an archive file yet or not, so:

Palm and booster battery turned on.

Put Palm in autostart, make run, autosave.

With system still in autostart, power off Palm, then power off booster.

To restart, power on booster, then power on Palm.

System will automatically be in autostart, just keep repeating power down/up
cycle in proper sequence.>>

The key is in the sequence of powering up and down.  As long as the (V
booster is on when you power up/down the Palm in the autostart mode it will
remain in that mode.  Try it, you'll like it.

M Sipe