Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Power Cycling order (was best Palm to get)
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:01:40 -0600
>The key to this is the order in which you turn everything on and off.
>If you turn the power module off before you turn the Palm off, the Palm
>will revert to NO DEVICE, effectively losing it's AUTOSTART setting.
>Likewise, when you turn them back on, you can't turn the Palm on until
>after you have the power module on.

I never turned the power module off (there was only a minute or so
between runs).  I take it that is not an option if you want it to revert
back to autostart mode when you power cycle the Palm.  (i.e. you must
cycle the power module (and in the order you provided.))

While we are on the subject of Palms, what is the limiting factor in the
Palm that prevents checking both long and lat values for
autostart/stopping?  Assuming it is cycle bound, have you looked at the
assembly output of the compiler to see if you could hand optimize the
code?

Todd