fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel system

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel system
From: Joe Boruch via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 14:51:10 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_2654089_980892288.1677768670442

 My TR3 had braided fuel line running thru the inside of the car for many y=
ears, but when the old braided lines started springing leaks I decided to c=
hange to a copper-nickel line under the car, protected by frame rails.=C2=
=A0 SCCA allows braided line inside the car, but Champcar requires that bra=
id be enclosed in a metal enclosure or conduit if inside the car.=C2=A0 I s=
uspect that they had seen problems with leaks or fires from braid in the ca=
r. Most safety rules are written in blood.
Conversely, SCCA does not allow the copper-nickel line inside the car.=C2=
=A0 Must be steel line or steel braided hose.=C2=A0 I don't know the vintag=
e rules to comment on those.=C2=A0 Joe(B)
    On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 02:34:17 AM EST, Scott Janzen via Fot <fo=
t@autox.team.net> wrote: =20
=20
 I=E2=80=99m curious about the answer. My GT6 is currently in pieces, bodyw=
ork being done. The braided line ran from the fuel pump adjacent to the fue=
l cell, along the roll cage and out through the firewall. It=E2=80=99s work=
ed great for ten years, but I=E2=80=99ve often wondered if i should have a =
steel line, and if it should be run outside the passenger compartment.=C2=
=A0 I like the flex of the braided line (AN fittings) and maybe it=E2=80=99=
s better protected in the passenger compartment then underneath the car?
The pump says purolator #42S, one of those little cube jobs, too noisy for =
a street car but fine in a race car.=C2=A0 My spare is identical, but is a =
Facet 12SV from Pegasus, so i think the Purolator is really a re-stickered =
Facet. Flows plenty of fuel through a large filter, enough pressure to feed=
 triple webers through a Holley regulator to knock it down to 3 psi.

 =20
------=_Part_2654089_980892288.1677768670442

=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px=
;"><div></div>
 running thru the inside of the car for many years, but when the old braide=
d lines started springing leaks I decided to change to a copper-nickel line=
 under the car, protected by frame rails.&nbsp; SCCA allows braided line in=
side the car, but Champcar requires that braid be enclosed in a metal enclo=
sure or conduit if inside the car.&nbsp; I suspect that they had seen probl=
ems with leaks or fires from braid in the car. Most safety rules are writte=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Conversely, SCCA does not allow the copper-n=
ickel line inside the car.&nbsp; Must be steel line or steel braided hose.&=
nbsp; I don't know the vintage rules to comment on those.&nbsp; Joe(B)</div=
       =20
55cf07yahoo_quoted">
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                    On Thursday, March 2, 2023 at 02:34:17 AM EST, Scott Ja=
 My GT6 is currently in pieces, bodywork being done. The braided line ran f=
rom the fuel pump adjacent to the fuel cell, along the roll cage and out th=
rough the firewall. It=E2=80=99s worked great for ten years, but I=E2=80=99=
ve often wondered if i should have a steel line, and if it should be run ou=
tside the passenger compartment.&nbsp; I like the flex of the braided line =
(AN fittings) and maybe it=E2=80=99s better protected in the passenger comp=
artment then underneath the car?<br clear=3D"none">The pump says purolator =
#42S, one of those little cube jobs, too noisy for a street car but fine in=
 a race car.&nbsp; My spare is identical, but is a Facet 12SV from Pegasus,=
 so i think the Purolator is really a re-stickered Facet. Flows plenty of f=
uel through a large filter, enough pressure to feed triple webers through a=
 Holley regulator to knock it down to 3 psi.<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D=
"none"><div class=3D"ydpc655cf07yqt1161553436" id=3D"ydpc655cf07yqtfd87508"=
------=_Part_2654089_980892288.1677768670442--

--===============1799156306638629147==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com